- Binomial name: Phoenix dactylifera
- Family: Arecaceae Genus: Phoenix
- Dates are rich in:
Calories, Carbs, Fiber, Protein, Sugar, Fat, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Copper, Vitamin B6, Magnesium.
Dates offer us a significant amount of fiber and a variety of vitamins and minerals, including iron, potassium, B vitamins, copper, and magnesium, and are a concentrated source of natural sugars.
Add (Medjool) dates to your diet:
These dried fruits make a great alternative to sugar due to their sweetness, which comes from fructose, a natural sugar.
It is advised to take 5-6 dates every day to get all the essential nutrients. The quantity to be consumed may differ from person to person based on calorie needs and underlying health conditions.
How to store dates?
Store your dates in a cool, dry place in your refrigerator. Keep them in a sealed container to help retain their moisture.
- The fiber and antioxidants in (Medjool) date help protect your heart.
- Supports healthy digestion- Fibers are essential for healthy digestion and bowel regularity, also sufficient fiber in your daily diet helps form stool and prevents constipation.
- High in antioxidants- Dates boost several antioxidants, which can protect your cells from oxidative damage, and prevent diseases like cancer, heart disease, and brain ailments.
Other benefits are:
- Natural fuel for your body.
- Supports bone health.
- Protects brain health.
You can find Dates (Khajur) alongside many other dry foods and species at Athey Nallatha, which is a brand of indigenous spices from Kerala. The brand has just started to provide quality Masalas to the people of Kerala.