Pistachios are the nut-type seeds of the pistachio tree. They're usually green and slightly sweet. They aren't nuts at all. Technically, it is a “drupe,” which means a fleshy tree fruit that contains a shell-covered seed.
Pistachios are a great source of healthy fats, fiber, protein, antioxidants, and various nutrients, including vitamin B6 and thiamine. Their effects on health may include weight loss benefits, lower cholesterol and blood sugar, and improved gut, eye, and blood vessel health.
The scientific name of Pistachio is Pistacia vera.
Can I eat pistachios daily?
The nuts such as pistachios, a part of your everyday eating, are associated with decreased risk of death from cancer, heart disease, respiratory diseases also, and many more.
Regularly eating pistachios may help improve health and wellbeing.
Pistachio Health Benefits:
The health benefits are:
- High levels of unsaturated fatty acids and potassium. Both have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory traits.
- They can lower your chances of cardiovascular disease. Like strokes, heart failure, Arrhythmias, CAD, etc harmful diseases.
- Pistachios are packed with fiber, minerals, and unsaturated fat that can help to keep your blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol well maintained.
- Their fiber and protein can make you feel fuller and energetic for a longer period. This fiber can also have a positive effect on your gut by adding "good" bacteria.
- They can also help you manage your weight because they’re a nutritious and satisfying snack.
Risk of eating Pistachios:
- The raw pistachios don’t have much sodium, that’s not true for roasted pistachios, which are often salted.
- Too much sodium can lead to things like high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke.
- If you have fructan intolerance, a bad reaction to a type of carbohydrate pistachios might bother your stomach.
You can find Pistachios alongside many other dry foods and species at Athey Nallatha, which is a brand of indigenous spices from Kerala. The brand started to provide quality Masalas to the people of Kerala.
The brand has a wide range of spices, which are all made using traditional methods. The spices are made using only the finest ingredients, and all of them are 100% natural.